Ver-Tex has partnered with the Department of Energy, Building Technologies Office and Slipstream, a nonprofit organization with the mission to deliver clean energy for all, to field-test and analyze the energy-saving performance of two integrated systems:
& AUTOMATED SHADES
CONNECTED LIGHTING, AUTOMATED SHADES, & INTELLIGENT ENERGY STORAGE
The 24-month project and resulting analysis aim to produce a comprehensive report on the systems’ capability to facilitate grid flexibility in regards to load-shedding and load-shifting during peak energy demand times.
This collaborative effort is facilitated through cooperation with several leading energy conscious manufacturers:
The success of this analysis is dependent upon the availability of two appropriate testing sites – ideally owner-occupied office buildings or higher-education facilities located in the Boston area. These sites will be monitored for the span of the demonstration, and the results will be used to help utility companies across the U.S. create and implement incentive programs related to the installation and continued use of energy-saving solutions.
THE FOLLOWING BUILDING CRITERIA MUST APPLY:
- Access to abundant daylight for lighting interior spaces
- Large common workspaces
- Rooftop HVAC system
- Building Automation Systems (BAS)
or an entire small building.
APPLY TO PARTICIPATE
- Brianna Goodwin
- President, Ver-Tex
- APPLY NOW
Reduce lighting peak demand by 50% through integrated controls
Improve RTU efficiency by 10% & reduce RTU peak demand by 40%
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Integration of the newest energy-saving lighting systems and controls
- Reduced energy demand costs
- Improved facility-wide energy efficiency
- Reduced overall energy costs
- Marketing opportunities & DOE incentives available
- Increased productivity and occupant comfort
- Opportunity to provide feedback and contribute to energy-related environmental outcomes
LIGHTING, SHADES, & THERMAL STORAGE ACUITY
NLIGHT/NLIGHT AIR & CREE SMARTCAST
- Connected/Networked lighting system
- Wired or wireless
- Luminaires with individual occupancy & photosensors
- Automated demand response
- Improve occupant comfort & reduce electric lighting peak demand
NETENERGY INTELLIGENT THERMAL STORAGE
- Phase Change Material (PCM)
- Integrates to Rooftop Units (RTU)
- Load-shedding and load shifting
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Improve RTU efficiency 10% & reduce RTU peak demand 40%
MECHO SOLARTRAC 4.0
- Automated shades
- Prevent glare and maximize daylight
- Optimize seasonal building performance
- Reduce HVAC peak load
This material is based upon work supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) under the Building Technologies Office, Award Number DE-EE0009083.
NOMINATE YOUR BUILDING!
We are accepting nominations by building owners that want to participate in this DOE project. We will contact you and explain everything in detail about the project and the benefits you will enjoy by participation. Please provide us with some information and a senior executive of Ver-Tex will be in touch very soon.