We thank you for taking the time to review our Culture Guide. Our hope is that our core values will resonate with you, and you will step away with a better idea of who we are and what we do. It is the commitment and dedication of all our team members that makes Ver-Tex such a great place to work!
The Ver-Tex Story
Ver-Tex Construction is founded in a garage in Abington, Massachusetts.
Ver-Tex Construction moves its headquarters from Abington, Massachusetts to Canton, Massachusetts.
Ver-Tex Construction begins providing and installing a range of construction specialties products to supplement its window treatment offerings.
The Ver-Tex Construction Experience Center showroom is opened in Boston.
Shade Light Solutions is established as Ver-Tex’s residential division.
Ver-Tex Construction increases its national presence with a new office in Florida.
Brianna Goodwin becomes President and CEO of Ver-Tex Construction.
Ver-Tex Construction outgrows its headquarters of the previous 15 years and moves to a new office space in Canton, Massachusetts.
The company was able to successfully navigate through the pandemic and thrived as a company. Our company became a female majority owner business.
Over 50,000 projects later, Ver-Tex Construction continues to provide services and products that improve the lives of clients and allow them to achieve their unique design goals.
Our PurposeCore Values
Our Purpose and Core Values are guiding principles that help all of us, as individuals and as a team, to strive for success in all that we do. It is about how we treat each other, the care with which we communicate with our stakeholders, and our unrelenting dedication to deliver the best customer experience.
To provide the highest quality service and solutions for our clients’ needs with unrelenting dedication and care.
Our Core Values
- #BuildPeakMoments Create unforgettable customer service experiences.
- #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork Stop, collaborate, and listen.
- #PushTheEnvelope Constantly challenge paradigms.
- #WorkLifeHarmony Make time for life.
- #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName Be a community of care.
Core Values Recognition Program
Our Core Values are not just words on a wall, a marketing tagline, or trivia questions at a company meeting, they are the foundation of our Company and the standard we commit to every day.
Our Core Values Recognition Program makes it possible to recognize our fellow team members when they are demonstrating the values on a day-to-day basis.
Our Core Values Recognition Program encourages team members to nominate each other for going above and beyond and making Ver-Tex Construction a great place to work for and with. Team members are rewarded for demonstrating our Core Values by being entered into a raffle where nominees can win fun prizes, gift cards, or cash at our Quarterly Company Meetings!
- I received a note below from my customer on how professional our install was and how pleased they were. The guys did a great job working with the customer who was very concerned about COVID. We got in there we were quick, clean, and efficient and they were VERY happy. #BuildPeakMoments
- The customer was very happy with the shades when we walked through. Kudos to You! The customer, made a point to mention how professional and respectful you guys have been with the staff and their active work space. #BuildPeakMoments
- I’d like to nominate our installers in taking one for the company and continuing to install during the beginning uncertainty times of COVID to make sure that the company was still successfully sending out jobs and also #BuildPeakMoments with our customers to further support the values of our company, that regardless of the situation going on in the world, we will still show up and do our job!
- I would like to nominate our Procurement Manager for a #BuildPeakMoments core value nomination. Her attention to detail tabbing contracts helps PMs quickly find information that they need to review the document for project compliance/possible problems. The task is a time sink, but crucial.
- We received a call for an emergency service order to be performed in Boston on a Wednesday at 3pm. Not only were the installers flexible with the plan and schedule but they were able to correct the issue and provide our client with a quick response to alleviate a high stress issue. #BuildPeakMoments
- I want to nominate our PM for #BuildPeakMoments. Our PM let me know he was available to help me when another PM was away, and he answered my questions so that I could in turn answer the customer’s questions, without having to wait for their return. Thank you
- This Nomination was from a customer, he said the following about our team and myself: "The installer was easy and pleasant to deal with, I can’t thank him enough and I appreciate all your time and efforts too."
- I’d like to nominate our PM for #BuildPeakMoments for getting in touch with the customer THE MOMENT he knew there was a POSSIBILITY of a breakdown. This proactive communication sets us up for success and keeps our clients in the loop with what is going on instead of not saying anything and hoping nothing goes wrong and, if/when it does, it’s too little too late. Great job!
- I’d like to nominate our Florida Field Supervisor for #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork. Currently he is wearing multiple hats: PM tasks, material deliveries, field measures, service calls, scheduling, etc. Not only does he makes sure all the work gets done, but he always has the best attitude and positive energy, I really appreciate working with him.
- We were informed that a locker bench delivery would not be able to arrive till after hours on a Friday night. Rather than turn the truck away and have them return next week, Our Field Operations Manager gave his number to the truck driver, and went back to meet him well past 6:00 pm, helping him make his circuit. #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork
- I would like to nominate our Director of Project Management for volunteering some of his very busy time showing me how Microsoft Teams works. Also, on a short notice. It’s a brand new system and I was lost at the beginning but him showing me around the system gave me more confidence. Thank you for listening to my newbie concerns and collaborating with me to get the ball rolling on its usage, I appreciate you! #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork
- I would like to nominate Steve for #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork. Without hesitation Steve is always stepping up to the plate to help out the Bid team. Whether it is helping obtain pricing from vendors, approving bids to helping with labor estimates we can always count on Steve to help without any hesitation or complaints.
- I would like to nominate our Florida Assistant Project Manager for #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork. She has been a tremendous asset to the Florida Office and has had a positive impact our operations. Some examples include: new hires, safety/re-arranging Florida office, more effective communication in the office, go to person for anything that needs to get done (while others are out on the field) etc. We truly appreciate all your hard work and efforts, thank you so much!
- I would like to nominate our Procurement Manager for #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork as she is a procurement warrior who made sure to keep me in the loop with my orders. Communication is key and them taking this order off my plate was a huge help.
- I's like to nominate Chris, Jason, Brauddy and Ricky for going down to Florida to help install a large project. They sacrificed their personal lives for significant periods of time to help the company successfully complete this very high profile project. We couldn't have done it without their help! #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork
- I’ve always been a big fan of our Assistant Project Manager, but how she has performed over these past few weeks has just blown me away. She is the personification of #PushTheEnvelope. What can’t this woman do?
- Bill came to me with the idea 3.5 years ago, which I was fully on board with. But not only did he offer the idea, he offered to take the lead, organize, coordinate, and execute! I love seeing our team members take the initiative and lead things that are important to them. #PushTheEnvelope
- We recieved an order with wrong address on it. The warehouse team caught it and got the correct information. This was a major savings for the company, many people would have been waiting had this not been caught. #PushTheEnvelope
- Anne taken ownership of the PIT Team role and she has documented the processes and offered solutions. She has met tight deadlines without compromising accuracy. #PushTheEnvelope
- He is always learning and working to understand programs and is always raising the bar on the take-off department. He has high standards with take-offs that prove to be easily passed on to sales and pm departments. #PushTheEnvelope
- I nominate Mike for taking on one of the most complex projects Ver-Tex has ever done, and for a client for whom we have never worked with. There were many surprise dynamics that we could never have accounted for when we first bid this project. Mike’s persistence and constant challenge of the paradigm helped bring us to a successful finish. #PushTheEnvelope
- His current pursuit of perfection and desire to please the client at all costs deserves a #PushTheEnvelope. No one catches more bad breaks than him and can live to tell the tale.
- I would like to nominate Cindy, who has helped tremendously in finding ways that our systems can be fully utilized by various departments. Recently, she found a feature that was not known and will help with data entry and to expediate processes. I value Cindy’s efforts in expediating processes. #PushTheEnvelope
- A while ago Jeff who told me about the city of Boston parking meter app. Of course I had no reason to use it; I had my bag of quarters. But then Covid happened, so I turned to the parking app – and realized I should have listened to Jeff when he first suggested the app. It sends receipts to my email, make expensing the cost very easy, and allow the cost to be job-costed. #PushTheEnvelope
- I want to nominate our Take-off Supervisor for bringing in ice cream treats for folks to enjoy on a hot afternoon last week. His thoughtfulness brings harmony to our work life! Thank you Fred! #WorkLifeHarmony
- "Our Project Coordinators display great balance working from home & handling kid duties on a daily basis. Thanks you both! #WorkLifeHarmony
- Our HR rep is clearly someone who knows how to cover all her bases before she leaves for vacation. Ensuring all of us know what to do and who to contact in her absense, will ensure a very enjoyable and recharging vacation! We could all learn a lesson from this! #WorkLifeHarmony
- I want to nominate Kevin for prioritizing his time for coaching, and helping his kids baseball team. #WorkLifeHarmony
- In my eyes our warehouse driver has been an ideal employee and has shown me how to maintain the high standards we have here at Ver-Tex. I cant speak highly enough of his professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond. #WorkLifeHarmony
- I nominate our Assistant Field Operations Manager for being the best snack lady Ver-Tex has ever seen. Her great selection has really boosted office morale. #WorkLifeHarmony
- I needed to drop my truck off at the auto shop and my coworker picked me up and dropped me off. Did it during lunch so it was a huge time saver for me. Very generous! #WorkLifeHarmony
- I am nominating Steve Lacey for taking his wife out to lunch on a busy Thursday. It was a nice break and a chance to focus on life instead of work (for both of them!) #WorkLifeHarmony
- I would like to nominate the Giving Tree Committee for volunteering and making the gift drive for Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital for Children a rousing success! Whether it was coordinating with Pappas, purchasing & wrapping gifts, connecting with folks in our remote offices, email reminders or gift delivery, everyone helped out. Our elves were amazing! #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName
- I would like to nominate our CEO for keeping the company afloat amongst a pandemic and keeping the best interest of our employees in mind at all times. Thank you for all your hard work, dedication and all you give to the company day in and day out. #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName
- I would like to nominate our Assistant Field Operations Manager. She wears many hats in the company and is always willing to help in any way shape or form. She has helped me with office supplies in the past when I was rushing to get somewhere. She has helped me gather information from installers when they are out on the field. She has even helped me with IT problems! I want to thank her for EVERYTHING that she does and for also having a positive impact on the company culture. #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName
- I would like to nominate our Senior Estimator for the #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName core value nomination. He was helpful during our Intermediate Excel training course. My program glitched out and I was forced to restart my computer. I fell behind on one of the last lessons in the course. He saw that I was struggling to catch up with the new material,and walked me through the exercise until I felt comfortable with it.
- I would like to nominate one of our assistant project managers for #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName – be a community of care core value. A piece of his lunch fell through the grates in the toaster oven and instead of just leaving the mess for someone else to clean up, he took the time to take the grate out and wash it by hand with soap and water. I appreciate the care and respect he showed for the office!
- Last Friday I was helping out over the warehouse and left without my jacket. I was not heading back there on a Friday afternoon, so I called our warehouse associate and asked him if he could put it somewhere safe. Instead he swung it by the office on his way home. Didnt have to, but did it anyway. Made my day! #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName
- Thanks to our CEO for donating Patriot's tickets for a raffle to raise money for a co-workers family after their sudden tragedy. #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName
Each quarter, Ver-Tex dedicates a day to putting our Purpose & Core Values into action by holding an All-Hands Company Meeting. The leadership team typically creates a video that establishes a quarterly theme and depicts the goals and priorities that have been set for each quarter. The day is dedicated to furthering the instillment of our Core Values throughout the company, inspiring and motivating our team, and having a little fun while getting to know each other better. We discuss our priorities for the upcoming quarter, which supports our goal of being the best partner to our customers, vendors, and team members.
Ver-Tex is a company that feels like family. This company has become more than just a job, it is authentically my second home. The company’s desire to continue to grow is reflective in everyone’s actions. It is made up of some of the most genuine, hardworking, and dedicated individuals I have ever met in my life. Being apart of the operations team is chaotic and stressful, however, working as apart of this team there is always support and guidance to creatively problem solve whatever is thrown at us daily. Having a dedicated manager and executive that are invested in my growth allows me to strive for infinite possibilities within this company. In addition, the management team is always available to work cohesively across the departments to ensure the continued success of the company.
Ver-Tex values the health of their employees, through programs such as healthy actions and all of the reimbursement it offers. Also, Ver-Tex makes a point to offer incentives by creating a core values nomination program, that allows individuals to nominate their peers for recognition for their hard work. At the end of each quarter, the company will collect all nominations and raffle off prizes to the nominees entered. In conclusion, thanks to Ver-Tex, I do not feel as if I am working with just coworkers, but instead have built lifelong friendships.
In today’s world, finding an employer who has your best interest in mind is difficult. At Ver-Tex, supporting employees both professionally and personally is embedded into the foundation of the company.
Our culture is great because it doesn’t just allow for work-life balance, but it promotes it. Ver-Tex knows that being able to spend valuable time with our families is important and actively support us with policies and programs that allow us to spend that time without fear of the financial impacts of not being at work. We have a benefits package and company safety policies that allows us piece of mind, especially during a time like a global pandemic. I truly believe that we are all enabled to be better spouses, parents, and ultimately, employees, because we are enabled to balance our work and home responsibilities as we need to.
Ver-Tex is family. It has mutual love & respect pumping through its veins. The immense support provided both professionally and personally is outstanding. Every day there are instances of professional support, but the personal relationships and demonstrations of care have always impressed me the most. On multiple occasions Ver-Tex has assembled a homemade dinner delivery service to help support coworkers who are suffering or have a family member suffering from an illness. On another occasion donations poured in for a coworker who had ran out of vacation time so that they would be able to have time to spend with a passing parent. The annual Christmas present drive for a local children’s hospital, scooping ice cream at a specialized childcare facility, and even more is done to give back to our local community. Ver-Tex encourages prioritizing family, something we can all feel. I am truly proud to be part of the Ver-Tex family.
For 6 years now I have been with Ver-Tex and during this time I have found my second family. The relationships I have created professionally and personally will last a life time. With the culture at Ver-Tex this is just a natural thing to happen. Everyone is eager to help one another out, whether it be in the office or outside of the office. Our Executives encourage growth within the company and make it their mission to create an environment that everyone can succeed and have the best work experience possible. I have had an amazing 6 years here and I look forward to many more.
Being with Ver-Tex for 33+ years, nearly at its inception, the opportunity to be part of this ever growing entity has shaped my life in many ways. The challenges presented on a daily basis, and there are many, have been very motivating. The successes have been rewarding and the failures have been enlightening. As a company, Ver-Tex has always given me the feeling of security and the opportunity to succeed. It has also allowed me to work with some of the most dedicated people, all striving to make the company the success it is today. I would recommend Ver-Tex to anyone that is driven to succeed and doing the things that make us the reliable company we are. Our legacy is unlimited.
We value our employees and strive to provide a comprehensive benefits package to support their health and well-being. #WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName – Be a community of care.
- Medical (70%-80% company-funded; dependent on plan)
- Dental (70% company-funded)
- Vision (70% company-funded)
- Critical Illness
- Flexible Spending (employee + dependent)
- Basic Life
- Short & Long-Term Disability
We provide accrued PTO for our team members, which allows them to take (hopefully unplugged) time off out of the office. We strongly encourage a minimum of 5 consecutive (and unplugged) days off each calendar year!
#WorkLifeHarmony – Make time for life.
- New Year’s Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- 401K program with 4% match
- Parental Leave Absence (up to 12 weeks paid) for admin team partners that have been with the company 2+ years
- Virtual Tutoring Program for School-Aged Children
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Parental Leave of Absence
The company offers paid Parental Leave of Absence to its admin team partners after two years of tenure with the company. This includes up to 12 weeks of fully paid leave. More details on this benefit are provided in our Employee Manual.
Ver-Tex offers a 401K retirement savings plan through BPAS (Benefits Plan Administrative Services) with Rockland Trust Company as the plan’s Trustee and Investment Manager. The plan allows you to contribute on a pre-tax (traditional 401K) and/or post-tax (Roth 401K) basis through payroll deductions up to the IRS maximum. All Ver-Tex team members are eligible to participate in the 401K plan at the start of the new quarter after day of hire (March, June, September, and December). The retirement plan offers a selection of mutual funds from which to make your investment choices as well as unlimited inquiries or transfers through a secure website and via automated telephone line. Ver-Tex matches up to 4% of 401K contributions each year.
The Legal (And Important) Stuff
We are committed to providing a safe & engaging work environment for all people that is free from harassment, which is why Ver-Tex is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. However, we do not employ jerks, even really smart ones.
As a company, we are committed to complying with all labor laws including, but not limited to:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Immigration Law Compliance
- Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Abuse & Bullying
- Nursing Mothers
- Military Service Leave of Absence (USERRA)
- And many more!
For more information on labor laws and compliance, please refer to our Employee Manual or contact our Human Resources department.