Are you interested in joining a growing company as a Shade Installer / Instalador de persianas?
- Do you have experience in shades installation and motorization?
- Do you have experience installing multiple brands shades?
- Is your desired hourly compensation between $25 to $30 per hour (depending on experience) only expert level candidates will be considered
- Compensation plus our excellent benefit package (see more below)
- We require our team to be: Results oriented, To have at least one year of successfully working within a team environment achieving goals & To be organized and resourceful
This is an in-person position with great benefits and opportunities for growth within the
organization! Ver-Tex provides tools and pays for parking at job sites.
Must be local to the Ft Lauderdale, FL area to be in-office and do construction site visits as needed.
If so, look no further, come join the growing Ver-Tex construction team!Apply Now
Ft Lauderdale, FL
We are looking for a Shade Installer / Instalador de persianas to join the Project Management team. As a key member of the Project Management team, the Shade Installer will report to the Operations Field Supervisor.
As a key member of the Installation team, the Florida Shade Installer reports to the Operations Field Supervisor and assumes an important role in the installation of our products in commercial and residential environments. The Florida Installer is accountable for quality installation of our products, safety in the sites, proper usage of tools, cleanliness of work environment, and providing communication to lead installer of any job site issues. This is an in-person position.
Position Key Criteria/Requirements:
- Inclined to working with power tools, hand tools, and at various heights
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. overhead
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time
- Able to work flexible hours, early starts, late finishes, and weekends based on active project schedules
- Able to travel 2 to 3 weeks at a time
- Strong attention to detail; Supervise for quality control
- Keep detailed notes of all work that is done and report progress to superior
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Maintain and implement all safety measures and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, foster team mentality within crews
- Receptive to a continuous learning environment with consistent, hands-on training year-round
- All duties assigned' this job description is a detailed summary and is not all-inclusive
Position Measurable Accountabilities:
- Ensure that all actions are supporting the Purpose, Vision, and Core Values of Ver-Tex Construction
- Ensure proper use of tools for the assigned install (This includes proper use of ladders, lifts, scaffolding, tie-offs, etc. according to OSHA and job site specific safety guidelines and in accordance with Ver-Tex site safety plan)
- Knowledge of risks associated with tasks to maintain zero at-fault injuries Keep a clean work environment to ensure zero accidents
- Distribute materials in accordance with the layout to better maximize installation of efficiencies to 85% or better
- Always wear PPE on job sites according to Ver-Tex Safety Manual or site-specific requirements (this includes always wearing safety work boots and the company issued uniforms)
- Capable of taking direction and processing information from the lead installer and supervisors
- Effectively communicates with lead installer (this includes reporting issues such as missing/damaged materials)
- Collaborates and problem solve with the lead installer
Position Key Technical Competencies:
- Proficient with basic hand and electric carpentry related tools
- Ability to identify unsafe working conditions
- Desire to improve and engage in daily tasks
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Spanish / bilingual skills are preferred but not required
- Must have the ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly
- Be able to work 40-50 hours/week
- Be able to travel, out of state, potentially 2-3 weeks at a time
- Excellent math skills including using a tape measure and angles
- MUST pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- MUST have a clean driving record
- Health Insurance (70-79% company funded)
- Dental/Vision Insurance (70% company funded)
- 401k Plan (company guaranteed 4% match)
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% company funded)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Account
- PTO (paid time off – 3 weeks in your first year of employment)
- 10 Company paid holidays
- Quarterly company social event
- Virtual tutoring program for team member's school-aged children
- Parental Leave of Absence (based on tenure)
If after reading this ad you see yourself as a good fit for the company culture and the role, please complete our online application and send us your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
**To be considered for this position please click on APPLY at the bottom to complete your application and information on your most recent work history (5-10 minutes to complete)**
The Fine Print:
Ver-Tex is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. However, we don’t employ jerks, even really smart ones.Apply Now