Are you interested in fulfilling the role of Assistant Project Manager, while learning to become a Project Manager for Ver-Tex construction?Apply Now
- Do you have at least one year of experience reading architectural blueprints?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook)?
- Is your desired annual compensation between $50k and $60k (depending on experience)
- Salary plus our excellent benefit package (see more below)
If so, look no further, come join the growing Ver-Tex construction team!
**To be considered for this position please continue to our application to complete information on your most recent work history**
- Our Assistant Project Manager position is a stepping stone to becoming a Project Manager for Ver-Tex construction.
- The Ver-Tex team is constantly growing and often hiring and promoting from within.
- We expect our Assistant Project Managers to be responsible for the same job tasks as a Project Manager.
- We require our team to be: Results oriented, to have at least one year of successfully working within a team environment achieving goals & to be organized and resourceful
If this is you, please read on for more information about:
- Our Team Culture
- This role
- Our benefits
This is a hybrid position. You must be local to the Canton/Boston area to be in-office and do construction site visits 2 days per week.
Ver-Tex Construction wants to grow with you, as you grow with us. Will you join our growing team?
Canton, MA / Remote
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join the Project Management team. As a key member of the Project Management team, the Assistant Project Manager will report to the Director of Project Management. The Assistant Project Manager is vital for the overall success of their projects, assisting the Project Manager in overseeing and direction of construction projects from conception to completion while delivering project on time, within scope and budget.
Position Key Criteria/Requirements:
- 1+ years of demonstrated success working within a team environment to achieve project goals
- AS/BS in Construction or Operations related field
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and proactively
- Clean and safe driving record
- 1+ years of construction experience – construction documents and related processes
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience with construction finish products or demonstrated ability to learn the product quickly
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Position Measurable Accountabilities:
- Prepare change orders, request vendor pricing, document changes as requested
- Review order acknowledgements and quotes for 100% accuracy within 48 hours
- Communicate any changes in scope, product, or schedule to Project Manager within 48 hours
- Ensure 100% accuracy on resubmittals & scope based on construction document changes and/or requested changes
- Review returned submittals for markups/notes and report to Project Manager within 72 hours
- Track material orders, update OneNote and provide procurement log to customer as requested
- Provide support and guidance for project questions by requested date, or respond within 48 hours
- Provide product data/samples when requested or notify customer of delay within 48 hours
- 100% adherence to internal SOP’s: i.e., document storage, change order process, OneNote etc.
- 100% attendance at job kickoff meetings, scope reviews, project meetings and at required onsite trade coordination meetings when applicable
- Warehouse: requests submitted at least 5 business days in advance of due date, notify Warehouse Manager of exceptions
- Procurement: submit any requests at least two days in advance of due date
- Monitor progress of other trades to ensure project in on track and adjust internal schedule within 48 hours as delegated
- Job site readiness: at least 95% accurate
- Field measure: accurate field dimensions based on product specifications
Position Key Technical Competencies:
- Proficiency with Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Excel, Bluebeam, Procore and other GC management software
- Understands and can interpret the technical requirements of plans, schedules, specifications, vendor technical documents (product data sheets)
- Proficiency navigating vendor quoting and ordering portals
- Health Insurance (70-79% company funded)
- Dental/Vision Insurance (70% company funded)
- 401k Plan (company guaranteed 4% match)
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% company funded)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Account
- PTO (paid time off – 3 weeks in your first year of employment)
- 10 Company paid holidays
- Quarterly company social event
- Virtual tutoring program for team member's school-aged children
- Parental Leave of Absence (based on tenure)
If after reading this ad you see yourself as a good fit for the company culture and the role, please complete our online application and send us your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
**To be considered for this position please click on APPLY at the bottom to complete your application and information on your most recent work history (5-10 minutes to complete)**
The Fine Print:
Ver-Tex is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. However, we don’t employ jerks, even really smart ones.Apply Now