We are looking to fill open positions in our installation department. We are looking for people who are driven and eager to learn on the job. This is a Carpenters Union position and will provide paid on-the-job training and a robust compensation package. Success in this role could lead to advancement within the company.See Job Brochure
If you’re a hands-on type of person and are looking for a stable career that lets you work in a variety of environments, consider becoming an installer at Ver-Tex Construction.
Position Key Criteria/Requirements:
- Authorized to work in the US, age 18+
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Valid MA driver’s license & clean driving record
- Ability to stand, walk and climb stairs as needed
- Ability to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Basic math & measuring skills
- Positive attitude
- Flexible availability (nights/weekends, occasional travel)
- Ability to begin work at 6:00 a.m. daily
- Ability to quickly switch tasks when needed
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Communication skills & professional demeanor
- Experience working on a ladder/at various heights
- Reliable, punctual & responsible
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Training (skills learning)
- Construction Industry Programs
Additional Benefits Provided by Ver-Tex
Ver-Tex truly values our installers as individuals and as part of the team. You’re much more than just a number here, and we like to show our appreciation by providing additional company benefits in addition to the union benefits that our company funds.
- On-the-job training from industry-leading experts
- Company-sponsored union membership*
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company vehicle provided for Foremen
- Supplemental vacation pay
Benefits After 90 Days of Employment
- Short- and long-term disability insurance fully funded by Ver-Tex
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary critical illness insurance
- Voluntary accident insurance
Start the Application Process!
Why Become an Installer at Ver-Tex?
Working at Ver-Tex will provide you with the opportunity to launch a fulfilling career with great benefits and stability. You’ll develop skills through on-the-job training that put to use your greatest strengths.
As a window treatment and acoustical wall and ceiling system installer in the New England Carpenters Union, you’ll earn a competitive wage as well as a full benefits package and opportunities for career advancement.
What it’s like Working as Part of a Union
A union represents the interests of union members, negotiating and bargaining on their behalf when the need arises. As a union worker, you have the opportunity to earn higher-than-average wages as well as more robust health, life and retirement benefits than are available through many employment opportunities. As a union member, your rights are protected and you’re granted professional skills training to help you advance your career. Being part of a union is a fulfilling, rewarding and enjoyable lifelong experience.